Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Time Traveler


My weakest moments happen when my mind doesn't stay put in the present. Normally, days from the past are remembered only by the high points. Nothing can top the high points of days gone past that only exist in my memory. However, this makes the present moment unable to compete with the narrative of good memory. And on the opposite end of the spectrum are the moments when I realize that the past wasn't as joyous and beautiful as I remember. Everyone makes mistakes, and although I am gradually transforming, I find myself in the same situations. An event in the past is triggered by a moment in the present and all the feelings associated with those not so happy times send me into ample feelings of low self-esteem. It's as though I am bound and determined never to stay in the present moment and simply content with what I have become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home